Saturday, January 10, 2009

Merry Christmas

We had a wonderful holiday season. We had a fun Christmas Eve party with Brandon's brother Darrick and his family. Betty sure knows how to make a feast. Kaitlyn also loved playing with Kim. She ate a ton of Hershey Kisses, too many, and woke up at 3 am on Christmas throwing up chocolate everywhere. It was very gross. After cleaning up, Kaitlyn got to cuddle with Mom and Dad. Ben woke up around 6 am for his first breakfast, then fell asleep in bed with Mom and Dad too. By about 8, Brandon and I were ready to wake up. Two kids taking up the entire bed is not fun. We had fun opening presents. Kaitlyn loved ripping the paper off any present she could find. Ben just wanted to eat the paper, so of course Kaitlyn and Dad had to help him open his presents. It was a great morning.

Later. we went to my Grandpa Joe and Grandma Norma's house. These are my dad's parents. We had a good visit and got to see more relatives. I love my grandparents so much and they are always so kind and generous.

Then, we went over to my parents house. I got to talk to my younger sister Jeanne, who is currently serving a mission in Texas. She is an amazing person and such an inspiration to me. We played games on the Wii, and I did pretty good bowling. We opened more presents and had more fun. We also had a great dinner. My mom and sister Jessi made a very delicious duck.

We decided to leave when it started snowing. It was an adventure getting home. The snow was coming down like crazy. The roads were icy and snow covered. My little car did not want to climb any hills, and you have to climb at least two to get to our house. After a long two hour ride, we made it home safely. It was a wonderful Christmas. I love being able to spend the day with family. It reminds me of the real reason for the season.

No comments: