Monday, March 22, 2010

5 Years and counting...


Friday, March 19th, was our five year anniversary. So much has happened since we were first married. We have three wonderful children, Brandon got hurt at work, we have lost some very special people, and life in general has been crazy. As I look back on the last five years, it has sure been an adventure.
We have had our fair share of trials, but have been immensely blessed with many joys as well. I am so glad that I am married for eternity to Brandon. He is such a great man. He works hard so I can stay home and take care of our precious children, he is a wonderful handy man (our current project is refinishing our wood floors), the kids love him and he loves them, and I know that I am the center of his world. I enjoy watching Ben help him set up the trampoline or sand the floors. It is so cute when Kaitlyn and Brandon snuggle up to watch a princess movie (now that is a great dad)!! He also knows how to pat Paul's back just right to get rid of the bubbles and help him sleep. I feel like such a lucky woman.
As I remember our wedding day, I think of the great happiness and love that I felt. The day was absolutely beautiful. The weather was nice, but it did rain that night. I was really lucky to have my maternal grandfather Heber Robertson seal us in the Ogden Temple. My Grandpa Rob(as everyone called him) passed away in September 2009, I feel truly blessed that he was able to seal us and I miss him dearly.
It was a fun day, full of great food, wonderful family, good friends, and dancing. The funniest part of the reception was when Brandon shoved wedding cake in my mom's face and then she smashed cake in his face. I had a splendid time and am thankful to all the generous people who made my day very special.
For our anniversary, Brandon had to work all day. He had a very long week and was really tired, but still he treated me to a nice dinner. The entire family went to Olive Garden. The food was super delicious and Ben particularly loved the stuffed mushrooms, who knew Ben liked mushrooms-crazy. It was the most I have seen the kids eat in one sitting in a long time. I loved being able to spend the evening with my family. Then, on Saturday, Brandon took me to the store to get my present. He bought me a new Blue-Ray DVD player and New Moon on Blue-Ray. I got him Star Trek (Blue-Ray of course) and a case for the flag from his dad's coffin. We also picked up a couple new movies for the kids. We spent most of the afternoon Sunday watching our new movies and loving the Blue-Ray system. The picture is so amazing. I had a great weekend. I love Brandon more everyday and I really know that love is an action that you must show all the time. I look forward to many more wonderful years, and eternity together!!!

No comments: