Thursday, November 20, 2008

Fall

I love the fall. It is so beautiful to see all the leaves changing colors and falling to the ground. Kaitlyn loves to run and squish the leaves. On one of our walks, she found some cute leaves that she just had to bring home. I finally convinced her that the leaves would be happier outside with all of the other leaves, instead of crumpled up on her bedroom floor. (Mommy is such a clean freak.) Now anytime a leaf is accidentally brought in the house on someones shoe or the stroller wheels, Kaitlyn has to take it outside to be with its friends.

I am trying to let Kaitlyn play outside as much as possible before the snow comes. Today, we went to the Ogden Airport and watched several planes take off. Kaitlyn still loves planes, but does not like the loud sounds they make. She is absolutely adorable waving to the planes and shouting bye. She tells me all kinds of stories about where the planes are going and what they will be doing. She has a great imagination. After the airport, we weren't ready to go home yet, so we went to a nearby park. Kaitlyn and Ben had fun swinging. Lately, Kaitlyn loves to swing the entire time we are at the park. I love it because it is easier to keep track of her. Ben enjoyed the swings and I took some cute pictures of the kids with my phone.

We are hoping the weather will stay nice for a couple more weeks, so we can go to the park more. I love being able to play with my kids and watch their excitement as we do something fun together. On a side note, I am getting really anxious to go see Twilight on Saturday morning. I am going with my sisters and can't wait. I love getting away from Brandon and the kids sometimes to just have fun and relax. It will be a great "Mommy Break."

4 comments:

JesaLu said...

I am getting excited for it too. Plus Craig wants to tell Iron Man Ben all about his new daycare friends.

Anonymous said...

I love the fall too. I am really excited too. This is going to be a geat weekend.

Jayne said...

I hope you all have fun at Twilight. Nobody better give it away because I won't get to go see it until at least Wednesday. I am glad you got to play outside. We don't have snow, but the windchill makes the temp feel like 10 degrees (or less sometimes) so it is too cold to stay outside long.

Afton Peterson said...

Im glad everything is going good for you guys. Ive been really worried about Brandon and now I can see everything is going good. By the way my name is Afton. Im not sure if you know who I am but Brandon will. Im Shanes neice. But I just wanted to say im glad everything is going good and now I can come here and see the updates and things. My blog is aftonanddaniel.blogspot.com if you were wondering and i hope i get to see you guys on thanksgiving i heard you might stop by.