Sunday, November 9, 2008

First Haircut

Last Sunday, I gave Ben his first haircut. Brandon needed a haircut, so we got out the clippers and did it. When I was done with his hair, I suggested we trim Ben's hair. He had the cutest baby hair. The top was really long and it was impossible to get it to lay flat. Ben was such a little trooper. I had Brandon hold him , while I trimmed the hair with the clippers. He did not squirm or even get mad as I did it. I think he was more intrigued by the clippers and the cord. The only time Brandon really had to hold him still was as I trimmed around the ears with Brandon's little razor. I love his new hair cut, but was a little sad to see my baby change into a little boy. The new cut makes him look older. He is just as handsome as ever though. Here is a before shot:
Here is the finished product. My two handsome guys.

I also wanted to take the chance to mention a couple of the things I love about my little Ben. I love it when he wakes up and holds me tight around my neck. I love his cute growl and squeak. I am amazed with how smart and curious he is. It makes me so happy to see Ben light up when Kaitlyn talks to him and plays with him. I know he really loves his big sister and she really loves him. Most of all, I love this amazing spirit that Brandon and I have been entrusted with. I feel honored and blessed to have such wonderful children.

Below is a picture of Kaitlyn and Ben sitting on Kaitlyn's chair. She was reading books to him, but had to put them down for the picture. This is from Boo at the Zoo.