Monday, February 9, 2009

And he's off...

It is official. My baby is walking. Ben is almost eleven months old, which is way to young in my opinion for him to be walking. (He is supposed to be my cuddly baby, who needs mommy for almost everything.) Oh well, you can't stop your kids from learning and growing. I encourage him and help him however I can. He started taking six to seven steps last Saturday. The last two days he has been walking almost everywhere. He still falls A LOT, but he just crawls to something stable and pulls himself up. He discovered that it is also easier to carry toys around when he is walking, which is convenient when you are stealing big sisters dolls. It is the cutest thing in the world to see my little baby toddling around. I told Brandon his walking reminds me of Frankensteins monster. He bobbles back and forth and grunts and growls; he just needs to put his arms in front of him. My camera can record little videos, so I have tried to capture him walking, but to no avail. When he sees the camera, he gets really excited and falls over. Here is the best shot I have so far.

On a side note, congratulations to my sister Jacki and her husband Patrick. Baby expected to arrive in September. Yeah, I love having another niece or nephew.

No comments: